Saturday, March 08, 2008

Blues/Reading


I have been using my Griffin iFM to listen to local blues radio. On Fridays, I check in with WNIJ for Friday Night Blues I see they have a Saturday Night Blues Show I need to check out. There's also a Saturday Blues show during the daylight hours.


On Saturdays I listen to WDCB Blues Edition You hear all the great artists and some down and dirty stuff. I love it! There is nothing like having a few beers and exposing yourself to some great music.


The past couple of weeks I have been listening to a couple of Muddy Waters albums on the MikePod. The Real Folk Blues Excellent collection of Muddy's best Chess recordings.

I also have listened to a album credited to the Muddy Water Blues Band. This disc has it's moments but the sound quality overall is disappointing.


I have been reading another Richard Nixon bio, A Life In Full Fascinating account of our 37th president. A dry read and over 1000 pages, I like it a lot. Authored by Conrad Black who went to jail this week. He has 6 years to write something else.

No comments: