Saturday, August 23, 2008

Observations


Here are some recent observations:


The Plot To Destroy Lauren of the Hills: I saw this over the summer on a magazine stand. My first thought was "Count me in!" What do I have to do? I'll sell tickets, bake cookies, and organize a busload of angry senior citizens. My 2nd thought was "What government agency wants to take this girl out?" Then closer inspection of the cover showed this was blonde on blonde crime. We can't tolerate this in America. Brunette on blonde crime, sure, but not blonde vs blonde. My 3rd thought was "Is this girl a genius for getting people to think she actually designs things and is written about. "


Duffy Atkins: CLTV has a new weather woman. She is rather unpolished compared to her peers but I like that. She is also cute. Her name sounds like a law firm. Maybe I can be president of her fan club.


Super dog: I was walking my 8oLB black lab last week and about a block from home this neighbor dog leaped out of his window (took a screen out) and jumped over some bushes to come say hello. He just sniffed my dog's butt (lucky him, if he asked I could have given him an educated guess as to what it would smell like). My dog slipped out of his collar/leash, but I managed to use my extreme athletic prowess and catch him and get it back on. I saw the neighbor dog running around the block for awhile. Hopefully he is neutered, like we need to see a bunch of him running around 9 months from now. What is a canine gestational period anyway?
Beer provided by Miller High Life and news provided by Jackie Bange


On the MikePod:


Elton John: Greatest Hits Vol. II Long before he started doing Disney Soundtracks

The Clash: London Calling Great album I had forgotten about

John Mayhall: Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton: Now I see why EC left the Yardbirds


On the Mikestand:

The Chris Farley Show: Extremely talented comedian and actor with a kind heart and his tragic life.


No comments: