Sunday, March 07, 2010

Old Ladies & Racks

Got pulverized twice this week by 2 old ladies who were returning paperbacks to the train station book rack. Get your mind out of the gutter. I beat ya to it! Anyway, because the station can be crowded, I was standing in front of the rack, usually a place I like to be, and 2 old ladies on successive days (daze?) ran into me to check out the books there. One looked @ me like I should beg her for forgiveness. She looked like Clara Peller. Before she died. Hey here's a question for you. Did you ever notice when a tv commercial runs for insurance that is geared to the elderly, the advertiser always notes that "there are no forms to fill out." I guess I'll know if I am getting old if I get cranky filling out forms.

Read a new book, thanks Mary!

MikePod:
Death Cab For Cutie: "Narrow Stairs"
Muddy Waters: "Chess Years Disc 2"
Bill Joel: "The Bridge"
Nirvana: "Bleach-20th anniversary edition"
The Knack: "Get The Knack" Doug Fieger, RIP
Cracker: "Cracker"
Beck: "Guero"
My Bloody Valentine: "Loveless"
Crowded House: "Woodface"

1 comment:

TommyMac said...

Woodface is, in my opinion, the best album Crowded House ever came up with. Every track is a keeper and it's on my Top 10 list.

The Bridge is a decent album but it has Joel going off into too many directions. It doesn't work as an album. Feels like he just threw a bunch of B-sides together after his Greatest Hits album.

I never really listen past the first half of the Cracker album. Kerosine Hat was the superior effort.