Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Google +

I have been on G+ since September. I have not really done much with it, no time really until I had almost 2 weeks off around the Holidays. Since I joined, there seems to be an signifgant increase in people who have also joined.

Here are things I like:

1) I like the "Hangouts" Videochat with muliple users.
2) Drag/drop pics right into +
3) Cleaner page than Facebook.
4) Circles: Friends, etc. It is easier to control who sees what you post.
5) Newness. In a way, I feel like I'm in on the ground floor.

Things I don't like:

1) Not enough people I really know on G+. Yet..
2) Kinda techie. That I like, but with so many VCRs that had "12:00" flashing for years you wonder if this is too complicated to attract the masses.
3) Lack of Buzz. (Eww, not Google Buzz) but the buzz of the everyday people talking about + and the things they are doing on it, like FB

As I get the hang of +, I'll blog some more about it.

Next up: Video blog

No comments: