Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tough Week


Took 2 family members to the hospital in the past week for medical issues. One surgery, one more to go. The economy is going to hell as are the creators of The Hills. So with that all in mind, I thought it might be appropriate to inject (no pun intended) a little humor:

Things I am Sick of Currently:
1) Celebrity Chefs: Just cook damnit. If you watch the Food Network, several chefs seem to think they are in the clown business. If I want bad comedy, I'll just watch
"What I Like About You" or "Hannah Montana"

2) Home Improvement shows: You would think that by watching HGTV that no one in the US has a decent home. I really love shows that have inept people trying to flip homes for a profit. I always think "@ least I'm not that stupid."

3) Reality shows: You call this reality? Let's see The Girls Next Door, one is married, so is Hef, one is dating a football player and the other dumped Hef because he won't marry her. We'll just have to watch. I never thought 3 babes with plenty of boobs could be boring but I have been proven wrong. How come all these matchmaking shows come back for additional seasons because the relationships "didn't work out?" If I want to be bored, I'll read my HMO Coverage policy.

4) Celebrity blondes: Paris, Britney, LC, Heidi, Lindsay, etc. Go away! How about some redheads, brunettes (evil word according to Hef) etc.

Back to my reality:

Beer brought to me by Miller High Life Blues Radio brought to me by WDCB

On the MikePod:
Page & Plant: The Simple Truth: FM broadcast of a 1995 concert: Good Zeppelin tribute band
Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers: All time great classic album. I used to hide stuff in the zipper
Traveling Wilburys: Collection:Very good laid back roots music by 5 great musicians

No comments: