Saturday, June 27, 2009

Paula's Party

Revised (6/28/09)
This has to be one of the goofiest shows I've ever seen. I find it ridiculous. So you might ask "Why watch it Mike?" Fair question. Here are my reasons:

1) First she does this seductive dance in the opening. There is a mirror ball twirling. It is festive. I feel she is speaking/gesturing (jestering?) to me. Then I usually snap out of it and put on Sabado Gigante.

2) She dresses up and hosts a lot of has been celebrities. I have seen Chris Knight of the Brady Bunch who is now famous for having a young hot wife than any vocational activity he is involved with. I also saw the Fridge from the 1985 Bears. What Mike Richardson was not available?

3) I usually only watch the opening and then the guests and then I move on to something else to annoy myself. So I don't invest a lot of time.

4) With her southern drawl she will take 10 minutes to pronounce the word "ham" "Hayammmmmm" I hope she does not serve Hamm's beer. It would take 3 hours to ask for @the liquor store.

OK, I am still talking to other folks to take over the blog while I am on my sabbatical. If I choose to listen exclusively to Black Sabbath, would I be taking a "sabbathical?"

On the MikePod:
Yardbirds: "Ultimate! Disc 1"
Bad Company: "Anthology Disc 1"
Black Sabbath: "Paranoid"
Green Day: "International Superhits"
White Stripes: "Elephant"
David Bowie: "ChangesBowie"

Beer brought to me by Miller, news brought to me by Nancy Pender

No comments: