Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Birthday America/July 4 musings.


While I Aldo Chellabrated the 4th with some Miller High Life, I started musing about the future. Specifically, cloud computing. I use Google Docs. I like the forms feature that tie into a spreadsheet so you can collect information. What beer should we buy, what should I wear to the bank robbery, etc.

I used the forms feature to set up a meetings with some colleagues recently. So I have accounts with Google Docs, Think Free, Zoho and Edit Grid. You can collaborate online, store these off line, and they are all free! No $150 bloatware to install. No wondering who has the most current version of the document.

I saw Larry King @Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch this week. I bet he was wondering if MJ's ghost would show up. I love to watch Larry cuz he has no clue about pop culture and it is particularly great if he has no interest in the subject @ hand and you can tell some hapless intern is feeding him questions in his headset.

Starting next week, the first of several guests will post on this blog while I devote time to other issues.

No comments: